SVNIsapi - The Windows Subversion solution
SVNisapi is the solution for hosting Subversion repositories on a Windows Server Infrastructure.
SVNIsapi is a Windows Subversion Server designed specifically for a Microsoft-centric IT infrastructure. Beside the Subversion core framework (DLLs), SVNIsapi does not require any non-Microsoft software to run, neither an Apache WebServer nor a Subversion SVNSERVE server or any other service not orginated from the Windows Server Operating System.
Built on the power of the Internet Information Server (IIS) and Windows, SVNIsapi makes it easy to get a complete Subversion solution up and running without the hassle to operate non Microsoft Component or having knowledge about Unix, Apache or PHP.
Prior to the availability of SVNIsapi it was required to run an Apache web server or an SVNSERVE instance on a Windows Server. With SVNIsapi you can get rid off these components, either operated on a Windows Server or an separate Unix box.
SVNIsapi is a plugin module designed for the Internet Information Server (IIS), the web server component of the Windows Server operating system.
SVNIsapi implements the WebDAV dialect spoken by Subversion to exchange data between the client and the repository.
SVNIsapi, in combination with the Windows Server operating system delivers, a reliable, performant, secure and manageable solution to host Subversion repositories.
- No Apache Server or SVNSERVE instance required
- SVNIsapi provides you with a secure manner to host Subversion repositories, due to the lack of having to operate non Windows components, or TCP/IP protocols,
- Secure, Reliable and performant Operating System and WebServer
- Patches for vital Operating System components and the WebServer (IIS) are directly delivered by Microsoft
- Support for Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)
- Direct Integration in a Windows Domain using Active Directory
- Benefit from the Windows Server built-in security, backup or high-availability features - like the Network Load Balancing (NLB) Service - by using only Windows native components.
- Windows Server 2003 SP2 or 2008 (x86) 32bit
- IIS 6.0 or above
- 256 MB RAM
- 500 MHz CPU